The Critical Nature of Network Security
According to the 2018 Cost of a Data Breach study by Ponemon Institute, the global average cost of a data breach is $3.86 million but, as data breaches continue to soar, the loss, both financial and reputational, has become devastating. Statistics like this speak volumes about the many concerns that organizations face today. It seems that installing even the state of the art cybersecurity solutions and spending millions of dollars on security mechanisms is no longer sufficient; the fact remains that no organization is completely secure. Organizations need security professionals who can help mitigate security threats.
Network security plays a vital role in most of the organizations. It is the process of preventing and detecting unauthorized use of your computer. It protects networks and their services from unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure. Network security provides assurance that a network performs its critical functions securely without any harmful side effects.
The important essentials of network security are:
- Physical security
- Access controls
To establish a secured network, a well-designed network policy has to be established. The network policy characterizes the organization’s idea of an apt computer, usage of the network, and measures to deal with the network incidents.
The Network Security Fundamentals course is designed for anyone looking to enhance their skills and build a career in information security and network security.
Learning Objectives of the N|SF Program
- Understanding the key issues plaguing the network security world
- Learn the fundamentals of networks and various components of the OSI and TCP/IP model
- Master the various network security protocols
- Master identification, authentication, and authorization concepts
- Decode the types of information security threats and attacks, and their countermeasures
- Learn the fundamentals of IDS, general indications of intrusion, and types of IDS
- Learn the fundamentals of firewall and firewall technologies such as Bastion Host, DMZ, Proxy Servers, Network Address Translation, and Virtual Private Network
- Understand all data backup techniques and VPN security
- Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of wireless network
Module 01: Networking Fundamentals
Module 02: Secure Network Protocols
Module 03: Authentication
Module 04: Network Attacks
Module 05: Introduction to Intrusion Detection System
Module 06: Introduction to Firewalls
Module 07: Bastion Hosts and DMZ
Module 08: Proxy Servers
Module 09: Virtual Private Network
Module 10: Introduction to Wireless Network Security
Module 11: Data Backup
Post the completion of attending the complete official course, candidates will receive their Certificate of Attendance.